For chocolate lovers, chocolate cheesecake will be a’ wow ‘to prepare for your dessert today.chocolate cheesecake is delicious,rich and moist that you should have.below is the recipe on how to make chocolate cheesecake.
For the Oreo Cookie Crust
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1 and 1/3 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 20 oz cream cheese* , brick style (not whipped, spreadable or light)
- 1 and 1/4 cup granulated suagar
- 2/3 cup sour cream*
- 8 oz 60% to 80% dark chocolate , melted and cooled to room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 oz 60% to 80% dark chocolate , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons corn syrup
For the Chocolate Cheesecake
For the Ganache
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Wrap the outsides of 9 inch springform pan with aluminium foil at least 3 times so that the bottom and sides is covered tightly. The aluminium foil will just fold over the edges of the pan into the inside.
- To make the chocolate cookie crust, in a medium sized bowl stir together the melted butter and cookie crumbs. Press the mixture tightly into the bottom of your prepared springform pan using the bottom of a cup of your hands.
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven, then allow to cool as you make the cheesecake filling. You can leave the oven turned on to 350F degrees.
- To make the cheesecake filling first ensure that your cream cheese is well softened. In a large bowl using a stand or hand-held electric mixer beat the cream cheese on medium speed until well softened. Then add in the sugar and continue beating until no lumps remain.
- Add in the sour cream and continue beating until even. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl using a large rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Then turn the mixer back onto low and beat in the melted chocolate. Once the the batter is evenly chocolatey, add in the eggs 1 at a time until evenly mixed.
- Be careful not to keep beating the batter once the eggs are mixed in.
- Then place the prepared springform pan with the cheesecake crust in the middle of a large roasting pan. Pour about 1/2 inch to 1 inch of boiling water into the bottom of the roasting pan. This is your water bath. Then pour the cheesecake batter into the spring form pan and put the whole thing in the oven. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until there’s a slight wobble in the center of the cheesecake still.
- Remove the cheesecake and roasting pan from the oven. Trace around the edges of the spring form pan and cheesecake with a very thin knife.
- Then let the cake cool in the water bath until the water is room temperature. Remove the spring form from the water bath and remove the aluminum foil. Once the cheesecake is room temperature, cover the pan with foil and let set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or preferably over night before serving.
- To make the chocolate sauce in a small saucepan melt together the chopped chocolate, heavy cream and corn syrup. Once everything is melted together, whisk until smooth.
- To serve cut the cheesecake into slices using a sharp, thin, non-serrated knife. Serve with the chocolate sauce, and optionally whipped cream and chocolate shavings or mini chocolate chips.